How it works
JuLikeMyChops encourages men of all ages to grow ‘chops’ and receive sponsorship from friends, colleagues and family for them to do so.
Raising funds for childhood cancer research
JuLikeMyChops is an initiative by the Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation
to raise money for the Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Fund (ALCCRF) to give
childhood cancer the chop.
The objective is to raise $1,000,000 through the month of July and to achieve our goal we
require your help.
Every year, more than 950 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancers, and three will die from cancer every week.
Ava, now nine and free of cancer due to funds donated by the Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Fund.
Our top tips for raising funds
Raising money is tough enough so we thought we'd list our top five suggestions to get you started.
1) Personalise your fundraising page. Upload a picture for better success and set a personal target, this motivates others to help you. Put your reason for supporting the initiative on it to give people a reason to donate.
2) Send an email. This is an easy way to contact family and friends asking them to support you and donate. Describe what it means to you to help sick children.
3) Use your Facebook account. Facebook is a great way to share your goals and your development with your friends. Post regular updates and upload pictures of your growing chops.
4) Organise a fundraiser. Maybe a BBQ with friends or a picnic in the park to spread the word.
5) Posters and Resources. Download some visual help from our Resources section to pass around in the office or hang on the wall to gain support.